This Week: Submit Draft of an Abbreviated Qualitative Research Plan
You will apply qualitative research methods this week when you develop a qualitative research plan that seeks to answer your research problem and research question.
To prepare for this Application, first focus on the following instructions:
- Review Chapter 9 in the course text, Research Design, the “Trustworthiness” handout, and “Qualitative Methods: Examples” from the Course DVD Research Theory, Design, and Methods.
- Consult Table 9.1 (p. 174) in the course text, Research Methods to guide you in polishing your abbreviated qualitative research plan.
- Draft an introduction for your abbreviated research plan.
Next, ask yourself the following questions:
- What are your research questions? To what extent can you test them? How would you justify the viability of your questions?
- Why would this design be the most appropriate for answering the research questions? Conversely, why would quantitative and mixed methods not be appropriate?
- What approach would you select for this study (ethnography, grounded theory, case study, phenomenology, narrative)? Why is that approach the most appropriate one for answering the research questions?
- What theoretical framework or perspective would you use?