Focus of the Final Paper
Write an eight- to ten-page paper (not including the title and reference pages) that addresses your personal best leadership experience. Personal best is a time when you believe you had performed at the peak as a leader. Be sure to incorporate elements from our reading in regards to your leadership approach, the type of leadership application; transactional, transformational, situational, etc. Some questions to address in the essay are:
- What characterized the situation? Who was involved? Where and when did it take place? Who initiated it?
- What approach did you apply to the situation?
- What type of leadership would you classify yourself as in this situation?
- What motivated you to engage in this project? How did you challenge yourself and others?
- What did you aspire to achieve? How did you build enthusiasm and excitement?
- How did you involve others? How did you foster collaboration? How did you build trust and respect? How did you build the capacity to excel?
- What values and principles guided you and others? How did you set the example? How did you progress from one milestone to another?
- How did you recognize individuals? How did you celebrate success?
- What lessons about leadership did you learn from the experience?
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to 10 double-spaced pages in length (not including the title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford Online Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.