What do you think of when you read the term “mental disorder?
PSY101H: Week 11 Assignment Page 1
Worksheet: Psychological Disorders
What do you think of when you read the term “mental disorder?” Do you envision someone who is acting wild and out of control, or a perpetually sad person who can’t function? In reality, extremes such as these describe only a small fraction of people with psychological illnesses. Many affected people go through life with few others knowing of their condition and contribute to the world in much the same way as others.
In this assignment, you will select a disorder you would like to learn more about.
Perform the following tasks:
· Complete the reading assignment and the interactive lesson before attempting this assignment.
· Select a psychological disorder you would like to research.
· Research the most appropriate treatment for the disorder.
· Include at least two sources in your research. Include references and a bibliography. Your resources should include this week’s readings, in addition to the external research you conduct using outside sources. The LIRN is an excellent place to find information.
· Once you have completed your research, compose a paper detailing what you have learned. Include the following information:
· Summarize the disorder, including symptoms and behaviors
· Describe the most appropriate treatment for the disorder
· Use this document to answer the questions above.
· Your paper (approximately 250 words) must have correct spelling and grammar.
· Submit Week 11 Assignment via Blackboard by clicking on the “Week 11 Assignment” link.
· Include the proper file naming convention: PSY101H_wk11_assn_jsmith_mmddyyyy.
Note: See the Written Assignment Rubric for a review of writing expectations.
|Gradable items in assignment||Points|
|Provide a summary of disorder, including symptoms and behaviors.||15|
|Provide thorough description of appropriate treatment for the disorder.||15|
|Provide at least three resources, each appropriately referenced; bibliography included.||5|
|Assignment is free of spelling and grammar errors.||5|
Need your ASSIGNMENT done? Use our paper writing service to score good grades and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper