InstructionsThe Good Life
The final graded assignment is an 8-10 page paper on the question: what is the good life? This assignment will be completed in four parts, so you may want to use section headers to organize your paper. This paper is somewhat cumulative, so you may need to review material from previous weeks to prepare for this essay. Remember to explain the theories you reference with supporting citations to the textbook and online lectures before contrasting them in correct APA 7TH edition format. You may want to use examples to illustrate your understanding of key ideas in each theory.
Address the following in your paper: INTRODUCTION AND CONCLUSION PAGE
- The Consequentialism Debate: Compare and Contrast deontology and utilitarianism. Briefly discuss the differences between Bentham and Mill’s versions of utilitarianism. Discuss the political and ethical implications of utilitarianism.
- Explain virtue ethics and care ethics and discuss how these approaches offer an alternative to the deontological and utilitarian focus on how we should act.
- Explain existential ethics and briefly discuss the role of free will in ethical decision making. The explanation of existentialism should discuss the following ideas: authenticity, ambiguity, freedom, anxiety, and bad faith.
- Illustrate the theories discussed with examples, including situations relevant to your current or future career.
WHEN WRITING HIGHLIGHT EACH TOPIC TO KNOW WHERE IT START
READING From your course textbook, Roots of Wisdom: A Tapestry of Philosophical Traditions:
- Ethics. What Will It Be: Truth or Consequences?
ABSOLUTELY NO PLAGIARISM ,NO OTHER STUDENT WORK, ASSIGNMENT WILL BE SUBMITTED TO “TURNITIN” TO BE CHECKED.