ORGANIZED LOBBYING EFFORT
- Discussion Participation Scoring Guide.
- Homan, M. (2016). Promoting community change: Making it happen in the real world (6th ed.), Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
Homan (2016) suggests using an inclusive approach in influencing political decisions to further change. This approach should incorporate community support, encourage positive community attitudes, and establish direct communication with elected officials.
After reading Homan’s chapter on lobbying activities, consider the following questions.
- Which lobbying activities would be most effective in creating change in relation to your community?
- What unique collaborations would you have to develop to have an issue addressed?
- How would you maintain an organizational presence to insure that your efforts are not forgotten?