I don’t understand this Writing question and need help to study.
- From the list above, select a topic which interests you. You may suggest your own topic, but you need to get instructor’s permission to write about it.
- Research the topic in detail.
- Write a five page (double spaced) paper on your chosen topic.
- Paper must have a title page, including the instructor’s name, course number, date, title of the paper, and student’s name.
- This assignment must be typed.
- Your paper must be properly documented according to the MLA format/style (see link to MLA instructions below in “grading the paper” section) of documentation (parenthetical notes within the text of the paper and a works cited page at the end of the paper). Check out the information at http://www.ctcd.edu/academics/library/helpful-hints-tutorials-and-websites/citation-help/ and the Central Texas College MLA Guide regarding MLA format and plagiarism. You can also find information at this site: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/section/2/ (NOTE: papers that do not use the MLA format will not be accepted).
- Your works cited must contain a minimum of five different sources, including at least one book, at least two periodicals, and at least one encyclopedia.
- The paper must be submitted not later than the date specified in the syllabus.
- Before turning in the assignment, make sure to consult the checklist below.
Check list for Research Paper:
- My research topic is from the approved list of topics.
- My paper is typed.
- My paper is five (5) pages in length.
- My paper has one-inch margins (top, bottom, left, and right).
- I used a font that is no more than 12 point.
- My paper is double spaced.
- I have put a parenthetical notation at the end of each sentence in which I have taken ideas, opinions, or statistics from another source, or I have directly quoted another source (citing must be done using MLA format).
- All of the entries in my works cited page are cited within the text of the paper.
- I have provided a “works cited” page at the end of the paper listing all sources cited. (The page must be typed according to the MLA format).
- I have used a minimum of five different sources cited in this paper.
- I have edited the paper for spelling and grammar.
- My paper has a title page with the instructor’s name, course number, date, title of the paper, and my name.