ratios 4798034 2
Library Research Assignment
Locate a publicly traded U.S. company of your choice. Then, calculate the following ratios for the company for 2012 and 2013:
- Liquidity Ratios
- Current ratio [current assets / current liabilities]
- Quick ratio [(current assets – inventory) / current liabilities]
- Asset Turnover Ratios
- Collection period [accounts receivable / average daily sales]
- Inventory turnover [cost of goods sold / ending inventory]
- Fixed asset turnover [sales / net fixed assets]
- Financial Leverage Ratios
- Debt-to-asset ratio [total liabilities / total assets]
- Debt-to-equity ratio [total liabilities / total stockholders’ equity]
- Times-interest-earned (TIE) ratio [EBIT / interest]
- Profitability Ratios
- Net profit margin [net income / sales]
- Return on assets (ROA) [net income / total assets]
- Return on equity (ROE) [net income / total stockholders’ equity]
- Market-Based Ratios
- Price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio [stock price / earnings per share]
- Price-to-book (P/B) ratio [market value of common stock / total stockholders’ equity]
You are now ready to interpret the ratios that you have calculated. If a ratio increased from 2012 to 2013, why do you think that it increased? Is it a good or bad sign that the ratio increased? Please explain.
If a ratio decreased from 2012 to 2013, why do you think that it decreased? Is it a good or bad sign that the ratio decreased? Please explain.
If a ratio was unchanged from 2012 to 2013, why do you think that it was unchanged? Is it a good or bad sign that the ratio was unchanged? Please explain.
Need your ASSIGNMENT done? Use our paper writing service to score good grades and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper