Active Learning Part 1
For this discussion question, first read the case study on pages 182 â€“ 210 of the textbook. Analyze the case study in utilizing the Five-Step Approach provided by the authors.
The five steps are the following:
- Define the problem and determine its causes.
- Establish criteria to evaluate alternatives.
- Generate policy alternatives.
- Evaluate and select policy.
- Evaluate adopted policy. After addressing these five steps, answer discussion question number 8 on page 202, which states. Did the five-step model help you understand the problem, and help you organize and structure your research and a potential response in a way that made the task more manageable, and your analysis more thorough? Or did this wicked problem reveal possible with or, limitations of the five-step approach?
- As always, your response must be written at the graduate level and cited properly according to APA style guidelines. Your initial response must be no less than 600 words BookClemons, R., & McBeth, M. (2017). Public policy praxis: Theory and pragmatism: A case study approach (3rd ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Publishers. ISBN-13: 978-1-138-64166-2