In this activity you will choose the topic for your Psychology Project. This must be a topic of interest to you that is related to a physiological process that may be explained based on the nature vs nurture debate.
NOTE: For the topic of your project you must choose a physiological process. Do not select a theory, therapy, or psychologist.
(a) First, read the instructions for all 8 Learning Activities for this project (see below).
(b) Second, look through the class textbook and choose three potential topics that you might be interested in.
(c) Third, do a quick library search to find journal articles related to all three topics. Determine which of the topics will provide the most material and opportunity for the best project. From this research, select one topic.
You will be researching psychological theories, therefore, you will need to consider what scholarly work has been done in the field on your topic. You must use professional, peer reviewed journal articles to support your work. The rigors of a research project demand that you include only primary sources, which must be current journal articles from acceptable journal sources. The library can help you do a literature search for primary sources for your project, just ask for their help.
(d) Then post here your selected topic for approval by the instructor. Include the following information in your post (no attachments):
1. The definition of your chosen topic. Briefly explain your topic.
2. The reason why this topic is relevant and important in the field of psychology.
3. A brief description of the resources you found during your library search.
4. Any questions you may have about the project.
5. State your topic in one or two words only â€“ this will be the subject line you will use for all your posts for every Learning Activity each week.
(Please number the questions as above but do not include the questions.)