Project #5: Implementation Plan
This assignment requires that you adapt the analysis done for Projects #1 – 4 to a new environment. Use your prior work, i.e. the recommendation memo and network diagram, to develop a high-level plan for implementing an infrastructure that includes the required controls, changes, etc. to mitigate vulnerabilities and convergence issues in the second case study’s environment.
You may need to do additional analysis to address issues specific to the second case study’s environment.
Your high-level plan should include all the system development life cycle (SDLC) gates/decision points and all relevant tasks. Describe and relate the implementation solution to CIA and incorporate, people, processes and technology to this plan.
Note: Make sure that you include (in detail) the steps you would take to secure the new infrastructure.
Putting It All Together
Your plan will be a combination of a paper and a detailed list of steps and resources that you would follow to implement and complete this project. Think about all of the actions, resources, and tasks that you would need in order to effect a successful implementation. These should also be included as part of the plan. The minimum structure for this assignment is below:
- Purpose of Plan
- GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- Business Goals and Objectives
- Project Goals and Objectives
- Scope Definition
- Items Beyond Scope
- PROJECTED EXPENSES
- System Development Life Cycle/Schedule
- Project Assumptions
- Project Constraints
- Critical Project Barriers
- Consult the grading rubric for specific content and formatting requirements for this assignment.
- Your 5 – 8 page Implementation Plan should be professional in appearance with consistent use of fonts, font sizes, margins, etc. You should use headings and page breaks to organize your paper.
- Your paper should use standard terms and definitions for cybersecurity. See Course Content > Cybersecurity Concepts Review for recommended resources.
- The CSIA program recommends that you follow standard APA formatting since this will give you a document that meets the “professional appearance” requirements. APA formatting guidelines and examples are found under Course Resources > APA Resources. An APA template file (MS Word format) has also been provided for your use CSIA_Basic_Paper_Template(APA_6ed,Nov2014).docx.
- You must include a cover page with the assignment title, your name, and the due date. Your reference list must be on a separate page at the end of your file. These pages do not count towards the assignment’s page count.
- You are expected to write grammatically correct English in every assignment that you submit for grading. Do not turn in any work without (a) using spell check, (b) using grammar check, (c) verifying that your punctuation is correct and (d) reviewing your work for correct word usage and correctly structured sentences and paragraphs.
- You are expected to credit your sources using in-text citations and reference list entries. Both your citations and your reference list entries must follow a consistent citation style (APA, MLA, etc.).