150 Riverside Drive
New York, NY 10024
Assessment of Long Term Care or Residential Facility Writing Assignment (25% of your grade)
Based on the facility chosen in Week 3, write a paper that includes all of the following information.
Use a heading for each of these sections to clearly identify the details in your paper. You do not need to use an “abstract” as a part of the paper.
- The name of the Facility
- The location and how many people are at this Facility.
- What services are offered? (do not cut and paste – use your own words otherwise this will show up in Turnitin as plagiarism.
- List the web site of the facility and two other scholarly sources where you are going to research your topic.
- Repeat the overview details from week 3’s submission(listed above) where you named a facility and briefly describe the services and type of facility.
- In addition you will discuss the history of the type of care provided. How did long term care develop? How did the facility develop?
- Provide a description of the facility. What is the structure like? What is the building and its surroundings? Is it urban, suburban, rural?
- Identify the specific types of care provided and for what diagnoses (conditions). So a wing for ventilator dependent patients is for what illness?
- Write an evaluation/analysis of the pros and cons of the care provided by the facility (use Nursing Home Compare for data).
- Provide a financial overview — what options for patient to pay for care (eg. Medicare? Private Insurance? etc.) Does the facility accept insurance or cash only? What type of insurance? Why?
- Identify the names of the specific laws and regulations that oversee this facility; include if they are accredited by the Joint Commission or any other private accreditation agency.
- Discuss the recommendations for improvement. Don’t state there are none. Every facility can be improved.
The research assignment must be written in the students’ own words in a grammatically correct manner. Please reach out to the CAS for help if necessary.
Please be certain to include information from the nursing home compare website: http://www.medicare.gov/NHCompare (Links to an external site.)
The paper must be submitted using Microsoft Word, double spaced and using a 12 point, Times New Roman font. No “abstract” is required. All pages must be filled. Do not submit papers that are partially filled to meet the page requirement.
No less than 5 pages not including the title page and reference page. The title page and reference pages are separate from the body of your paper.
APA-formatting must be used, including intext citations throughout the paper.