In this assignment you will address an array of functions and factors that impact marketing health care functions. You will assume the role of an administrative leader of a consulting firm. Your firm has been hired to help an organization diagnose the effectiveness of the marketing strategy. Select a health care organization of your choice. The recipients of the Baldrige Award may be helpful in locating an organization for this assignment, located at http://www.baldrige.nist.gov/Contacts_Profiles.htm.
Write an eight to ten (8-10) page paper in which you:
- Develop a mini-guide following the market research process. Using one (1) paragraph for each step in the research process, provide information and / or data that meets the need of each step.
- Based on what you created in the mini-guide, identify which steps require the use of external public data to complete. Detail what sources you would use and why.
- Create a survey that you would recommend the organization use to measure customer satisfaction. Discuss how this survey will be used and what considerations went into the development and design process.
- Create a visual representation that identifies the market groups you would target for the organization you selected. This visual will accompany the mini-guide you created.
- Consider the reasons customers leave their health care providers. Recommend a strategy for the selected company that is designed to recover and retain customers.
- So far in this assignment, you have created a mini-guide, a visual for the segmented group you would recommend for the organization, a survey, and a strategy for customer retention. Write a one (1) page executive summary that highlights your recommendations stemming from the components you created.
- Use at least four (4) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the marketing research process and market segmentation strategies.
- Describe the concept of relationship marketing and the distinction between satisfaction and loyalty.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in health services strategic marketing.
- Write clearly and concisely about health services strategic marketing using proper writing mechanics.