Miami Florida is considered ground zero for climate change, in particular rising seas will not only drown coastal sections of the city but will disrupt our local supply of drinking water.
Based on what you have learned so far from this class, discuss the following:
- Explain where the drinking water from South Florida primarily comes from and why would rising sea levels disrupt this supply?
- What efforts can be made and are being made to mitigate the effects of rising seas on our drinking water?
- If you were a local politician, what advice would you give to state and federal officials on the best way to ensure residents in South Florida had a steady supply of drinking water for many years to come?
Make sure to:
- Write a short essay or paragraph of at least 300 words.
- Use concrete examples/details and avoid generalities.
- Address all questions.
- Use proper grammar and punctuation.
- If you researched your topic and are using information from what you learned, remember to cite your sources.
- Include at least 2 references in your discussion and cite your sources
- Do not plagiarize.
- You will not be able to edit your assignment once you post, so please proofread and spell check before hitting post!
- As part of the assignment, you must also reply to ONE of your classmates with at least 150 words. You will have to POST FIRST to see your classmates’ postings. Make sure your replies are thoughtful and relevant to what your classmate has posted. Try to build the discussion and keep it going.