1. Conduct an internet search and locate short video clips that provide examples that offer strategies for dealing with prejudice and discrimination. For example, you can look up and review the video A Class Divided (a PBS documentary). Then, address the following:
- What strategies are used to address prejudice and discrimination?
- How does the strategy vary according to the audience (e.g., children, adults, etc.)?
- Connect the strategies presented in the video to the strategies discussed in this week’s lesson or course reading.
- Offer examples of how your workplace or how the health care professions environment could develop strategies to improve communication barriers and compliance.
- Explain the value of self-awareness regarding your role in the healthcare profession by being able to recognize and manage diversity issues.
- What role does self-awareness play in addressing these issues?
- What policies or procedures does your workplace have in place to promote and encourage self-awareness of diversity?
- Can you make any recommendations for workplaces to highlight self-awareness as a value of importance?
2. Traditions and cultures
- In our diverse society, how do we honor the traditions and cultures of so many varied groups without inadvertently disadvantaging anyone in your workplace and/or in the healthcare profession?
- How can we develop strategies to ensure that cultural traditions are respected and preserved while recognizing our commonalities?
Answer each question (1&2) separately. 300 words each. 2 references each.