I don’t know how to handle this Statistics question and need guidance.
Create a research question using the General Social Survey dataset that can be answered by multiple regression. Using the SPSS software, choose a categorical variable to dummy code as one of your predictor variables.
Estimate a multiple regression model that answers your research question. Post your response to the following:
- What is your research question?
- Interpret the coefficients for the model, specifically commenting on the dummy variable.
- Run diagnostics for the regression model. Does the model meet all of the assumptions? Be sure and comment on what assumptions were not met and the possible implications. Is there any possible remedy for one the assumption violations?
Be sure to support your Main Post and Response Post with reference to the week’s Learning Resources and other scholarly evidence in APA Style.
- Chapter 2, “Transforming Variables” (pp. 14–32)
- Chapter 11, “Editing Output” (previously read in Week 2, 3, 4, 5. 6, 7, 8, and 9)
- Chapter 6, “What are the Assumptions of Multiple Regression?” (pp. 119–136)
- Chapter 7, “What can be done about Multicollinearity?” (pp. 137–152)
- Chapter 12, “Dummy Predictor Variables in Multiple Regression”