ecoleadership discourse presentation
Discourse as a method to study leadership has proven to be a viable tool. Western (2013) [required reading] suggested that Eco-leadership is a discourse of â€œnew leadership for new time.â€
You are an organization development and leadership consultant who has been hired to work with the CEO of FASTPACE. FASTPACE is a global corporation with operations in China, Mexico, and Germany. English is the business language used at the company.
ASTPACE is in the highly competitive technology industry. The CEO has long held the belief that an organization needs some kind of â€œglueâ€ to hold it together if it is to survive over time. The CEO recently read Westernâ€™s (2013) work on Eco-Leadership and wants to know more.
You and the CEO agree that the two of you will explore the Eco-leadership concepts within the context of FASTPACE history, current status, and vision before opening up discussions with the rest of the leadership team. You and the CEO agree that Westernâ€™s (2013) suggested reflection points are an excellent way to open dialogue.
Those points include:
- What does it mean that organizations are ecosystems within ecosystems?
- What are the advantages of distributing leadership throughout an organization?
- Reflect on how Eco-leadership works internally to support organizational change and, at the same time, looks outward, taking an environmental and social stance. These two positions are traditionally separated, but reflect on how these two activities are complementary and connected. (Western, 2013, p. 280)
The CEO is traveling internationally for the next month and wants to keep things moving, so you suggested a slide presentation with voice over* might work across time and geographic barriers.
Your job is to develop and store the presentation in the companyâ€™s â€œshare driveâ€ so the CEO can access it from any location or any time. You have one week to complete the presentation.
- 10 to 12 slidesâ€”not including the required title slide and referencesâ€”with voice over (if voice over is not possible for you, you may instead substitute slide notes); include citations at the bottom of each slide.
- Cite two (2) specific examples of international companies that might exemplify one or more components of eco-Leadership to show credibility.
- No slide notes if using voice over
- Follow the CSU-Global Visual Presentation Tips (Links to an external site.)
- Font no smaller than 24 pt. for slide body
- Develop slide titles that explicitly tell the story of what you want the team to know; if you were to look at the slide titles only from beginning to end, a storyline would unfold.
- Use phrases rather than complete sentences on slides; lists require parallel form (e.g., ending in ing or ed).
- Format your entire presentation according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA (Links to an external site.).
- Review the grading rubric below to understand how you will be graded on this assignment. Reach out to your instructor if you have questions about the assignment.
Need your ASSIGNMENT done? Use our paper writing service to score good grades and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper