This discussion has two parts, please answer separately with references.
Power and Politics
Power and politics are a part of organizational life, and they make up the everyday interactions you have with others in the workplace. Power allows an individual to influence another. Given the importance of power in the workplace, in this discussion, the different types of power that leaders use to promote change will be the focus.
- Discuss the difference between leadership and power.
- Identify a prominent leader in a large corporation (Nike, Globalfit, etc.).
- Describe your chosen leaderâ€™s use of at least one type of formal power and one type of personal power.
- Analyze the effectiveness of each power source used by your chosen leader.
- Discuss one of the power tactics that your chosen leader uses to influence others.
In the workplace, the impression you make and your ability to manage the impressions that others have about you can make a difference in your effectiveness.
- Describe a situation in which you have used one of the defensive behaviors discussed in your text.
- Analyze the effectiveness of this behavior in the chosen situation.
- Explain how you would handle a situation in which your employee was using this same approach.
- Select one of the impression management techniques discussed in your text.
- Provide a hypothetical scenario in which an employee used impression management to influence someone in the workplace.
- Analyze the extent to which impression management would be effective in the
Need your ASSIGNMENT done? Use our paper writing service to score good grades and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper