Module 3: Discussion Forum
Please note in this week’s discussion forum requires three things from you:
- A response to the discussion question in Part 1
- Posting your thesis, appropriate and topic sentences in Part 2
- As usual, a substantive response to the prompt in Part 1 and replies to your peers in Part 2.
Part 1 of the Discussion:
Read:Refer to the NPR piece by Nina Totenberg and the Supreme Court transcript “Integrity Staffing Solutions, Inc. v. Busk” in the required readings:
- Totenberg, N. (2014). Supreme Court takes up case on overtime for standing in line. National Public Radio. Retrieved from http://www.npr.org/2014/10/08/354639714/supreme-court-takes-up-case-on-overtime-for-standing-in-line
- Integrity Staffing Solutions Inc. v. Busk, 13-433 U.S. Supreme Court [Oral Arguments]. (2014, October 8). Retrieved from https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/14pdf/13-433_5h26.pdf
Reflect:Reflect on the strategies of development in Chapter 22 and the work you completed in Module 1.
- Briefly identify two or more perspectives represented in the debate between the plaintiffs and the defendants. How were they different, or similar? What was at stake when these perspectives were presented?
- Identify one or more rhetorical strategies of development (review Chapter 22) at work in the discussion. How might you use one of these strategies in your own writing?
Part 2 of the Discussion: Peer-Review
For this part of your initial discussion:
- Post your approved thesis as submitted to your instructor in Week 2
- Note any pertinent topic sentences.
- Feel free to share your Annotated Bibliography, as well.