This week you have learned about managing teams and methods of communication. To demonstrate how teams and effective communication are applied in the workplace, this weekâ€™s discussion forum will involve researching an article using one of the following sources:
- USA Today (www.usatoday.com)
- Wall Street Journal (www.wsj.com)
- New Your Times (www.nytimes.com)
- Forbes (www.forbes.com)
- Bloomberg Business Week (www.bloomberg.com)
- Inc. Magazine (www.inc.com)
- Economist (www.economist.com)
- Entrepreneur (www.entrepreneur.com)
- Harvard Business Review- (www.hbr.org)
Your task is to choose a current article (published in last 60 days) from one of the above-listed sources that relate to how managers develop teams and/or communicate as part of their responsibilities.
- What type of communication is most effective when managing/leading teams? If communication is all that important, why is it that managers still struggle with it?
- What key points in the article support your statements?
For the Week 5 discussion, we are going to practice conveying information. Explore the Storycorps link provided below. Most clips are less than 4 minutes. Watch a few of them, and select one story that interests you.
For your initial post of 75-150 words, write a detailed paragraph sharing the story. Explain who they are, what their story or experience was about, and why it held significance for you. Include details! Donâ€™t forget to include the link to your specific story chosen.
Endoscopies are very common procedures. Describe endoscopies and their importance to medical treatment. A surgical endoscopy often reimburses more than a diagnostic endoscopy, but not twice as much. Why do you think that is? Also, give an example of a diagnostic and surgical endoscopy.
When you respond to your fellow studentsâ€™ posts, do you agree or disagree with their posts, and why or why not?