First discuss how communication functions in your everyday life? Where do you see yourself having strengths in communication? What are your weaknesses? Secondly, discuss an organization to which your currently belong. How does the organization tell their story?
1. Understand the concepts
3. Know how to apply them to your life and a situation from your life OR the posted assignment
Here is the protocol for posting and contributing to an online discussion:
- You are expected to participate in an initial post by Wednesday, 11:59pm as well as two peer responses no later than Sunday, 11:59pm.
- You should begin at least one thread and provide at least two posts in response to other participants’ threads.
- Posting should be a minimum of one short paragraph and a maximum of two paragraphs. Word totals for each post should be in the 150-200 words range. Whether you agree or disagree explain why with supporting evidence and concepts from the readings or a related experience. Include a reference, link, or citation when appropriate.
- Be organized in your thoughts and ideas.
- Incorporate correlations with the assigned readings or topics.
- Stay on topic.
- Provide evidence of critical, college-level thinking and thoughtfulness in your responses or interactions. Avoid summarizing.
- Contribute to the learning community by being creative in your approaches to topics, being relevant in the presented viewpoints, and attempting to motivate the discussion.
- Be aware of grammar and sentence mechanics.
- Use proper etiquette. Remember that being respectful is critical.