The constitutional rights guaranteed in the Bill of Rights are most highly protected during the trial stage of a criminal proceeding. This is when the adversarial process, which characterizes the U.S. criminal justice process, is at its peak. Research, identify, and discuss a criminal case from within the last three years. Analyze and evaluate the steps which brought the individual to trial beginning with the arrest phase of the process.
Write a 6-8 page paper in which you:
- Summarize the events leading up to the arrest and identify and discuss the four elements of the arrest related to this case.
- Identify the four requirements for search and seizure with a warrant and describe how the search and seizure process was carried out for this case.
- Explain the various aspects of the plain view doctrine and describe how this is relevant to this case.
- Compare and contrast the various means of identifying suspects and describe the process used in this case.
- Summarize the basic constitutional rights of the accused during trial.
- Use at least six quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.