advocacy letter for nursing
Write a letter regarding a health issue of concern to a regulatory body or
Write a letter to a legislator regarding a bill or issue that was considered or will be considered in the upcoming legislature.
Remember a few important points:
- Write this paper as if you intend for the person to read it. In fact, upon approval (once any edits are made), I encourage you to submit your letter via e-mail or mail to the intended party! Remember, however, you are representing yourself and not the College of Central Florida.
- The reader probably has little to no knowledge of the subject matter/language you are presenting (they are most likely not nurses, doctors, or even aware of the healthcare field as in-depth as you are). So explain your viewpoints and arguments as such and avoid the use of abbreviations or acronyms that may be familiar to healthcare personnel.
- Be persuasive, but not demanding (be professionals!).
- Personal stories (obviously without violating HIPAA) can be highly persuasive and people tend to remember the â€˜personal touchesâ€™ during considerations…they hit home more.
- Remember to cite factual statements as you would in a scholarly paper; include References as an â€œEnclosureâ€ (see sample letters in Syllabus section). You donâ€™t want it to appear as if youâ€™re just making up facts/figures (ever!). Avoid the use of references with no publication date; it’s important to present current evidence to support your arguments.
Please use references within past 5 years
please see example papers as a reference
Need your ASSIGNMENT done? Use our paper writing service to score good grades and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper